From my cyber-friend indytony, here are the questions I have to answer:
`11 Questions for Nominees
1) What brand of deodorant do you use? (If you don’t use one, make one up – WordPress isn’t equipped with a lie detector – yet.)
Tom’s of Maine: lavender. I don’t use anything with aluminum since I had breast cancer!
2) What book(s) are you reading now?
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler (seriously, I was curious what would make someone be so NUTS)
God’s Abundance by Corrie ten Boom (the OTHER side of the Holocaust story.)
3) If you were a Beatle, who would you be (John, Paul, George, or Ringo)?
Ringo. He doesn’t have as much talent, but he’s working behind the scenes holding the others together.
4) Name one of your guilty pleasures.
5) What (or Who) inspired you to create your blog?
John Katz, author of many books on Dogs. I took a writing workshop with him, and he said “Do you have a blog?” “WHY NOT!”
6) Where were you when (choose one) – a) JFK was shot. ; b) Watergate was exposed. ; c) OJ Simpson was arrested. ; d) The Twin Towers collapsed.
c) OJ Simpson – well I don’t remember the actual arrest, but when they were chasing him on the freeway, I was sick in bed (Pregnant) I was probably the only American who didn’t watch it live.
7) Share a favorite Bible verse (or quote from classic literature).
“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his SOUL?” -Mark 8:36
8) Do you believe in parallel universes? (If so, do you know how I might visit one. No, really, I want to know…)
I don’t believe….but I wish they existed…
9) List 3 songs you never get tired of listening to.
Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart
Shipping up to Boston by the Dropkick Murphys
Better is One Day by Matt Redman
(how’s that for eclectic?)
10) As you were growing up, what posters (if any) did you have on your walls?
Oh, I had everybody. Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ian Anderson, Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Stevie Nicks, Mick Jagger…..
11) Have you ever memorized a poem? If so, what poem?
Well there is one embedded in my brain. I didn’t intentionally memorize it…
“If a task is once begun,
never leave it till its done
be the labor great or small
do it well or not at all.”
(Yes, thanks Mrs. Whitlock.)