Yes, I have been terrible about keeping up with my blog awards! I suppose receiving this one today was the final boot-in-the-butt I needed to get going. I will be working on having a separate AWARDS page, I think, because having them down the side of the blog in the margin is just going to be too messy. I’m messy enough, I don’t need any help.
The rules for One Lovely Blog Award are to write 7 random facts about yourself, and nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs.
So here are seven random facts about yours truly:
- Although I was a computer programmer for 25 years, I am pretty clueless on most of the new technology. I finally opened a Twitter account last week, and still have no idea what to say. I still have a flip phone, without wi-fi. Just phone and text.
- I am a Born Again Christian. This does not mean I will beat you to death with a Bible. Although I do fight the urge because we all know someone we would like to slap! Come on, admit it. I have friends/acquaintances that are atheist, agnostic, gay, Catholic, Jewish. I believe Jesus is the Only Way to God. I won’t argue with you, but I will pray for you behind your back. 😉
- My first television crush was not David Cassidy or Davy Jones, but it was Jack Klugman! He just seemed like a nice guy and he’s messy.
- When I was a kid, I invented a place on the outskirts of the woods near a rock and called it “Fort Leaf.” I was the only member of this camp. The insignia was a maple leaf, and I imagined that one day I would go to Canada. Until today, I was the only human to know of Fort Leaf’s existence.
- I have watched the movie “The Count of Monte Cristo” at least 100 times. The one that stars Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce and you can buy it on Amazon here. I can recite almost the whole movie.
- Just about every time I bake something, I set the smoke alarm off. As soon as I put the oven on, my dog Bailey heads for the door. The smoke alarm is too loud for doggie ears. The other day my husband, Mr. Porter took the smoke alarm out of the ceiling. I guess we legally have to put it back up before we sell the house.
- Hmm. I’ll come back to this one. Ok, I’m back. I just recently got my Facebook Page up there, and if you would “LIKE” it, I can get my numbers up and get special superpowers. I don’t know what these powers are, but I want them anyway. Find it here
I would like to nominate the following bloggers and their blogs. (Don’t worry Shaun, I know you have enough to do.I’m giving you a break!)
- Terri, or T. at A Story by Me . Go check out her site and read some good news for a change.
- Tony at A Way With Words Blog. Tony is a blogging buddy and gave me my first award, which I still have not passed on, but intend to. Tony also has a new site: A way with words for you and is working on a book, Delight in Disorder: Ministry, Madness, Mission.
- Bummyla at God Loves Bummyla. He faithfully writes blogs every day from the scriptures with pictures to match.
- Daryl at DarylStewart. Daryl stops by my blog on a regular basis, and is down-to-earth, regular folk. I enjoy his posts on everyday life.
- Musiqdragonfly. This blog deals with classical music and art. Which is great for someone like me who knows nothing about this stuff. I have learned a lot from this blog!
“You have been nominated for One Lovely Blog Award. Copy the image and put it into your own post…and put it on your own page. Write 7 facts about yourself and nominate 5 other bloggers.”
Thanks for playing!