My next door neighbor is a true Domestic Engineer. Mom of four, driver of “mom’s taxi service”, and Extreme Couponer.
I will never be able to attain her status, but I do the best I can.
Last week, my husband and I went grocery shopping. Before our trip, I read through the sale flyer for the local store, and matched up as many corresponding coupons as I could.
My neighbor calls this “Oswic” – On Sale with Coupon.
When we got to the register, we had saved $60.66.
Sometimes, it’s the small victories that are worth celebrating.
This week, its SOUP in all varieties that will be OSWC. Time to stock up for winter.
In other news:
Today, we signed on the dotted lineS to refinance the house, and cut 10 years off the mortgage at a lower interest rate.
Then of course, we celebrated with the mandatory coffee and breakfast sandwhich.
I’m also hoping that we don’t get any more frost until the leaves finish changing. I have a Japanse Maple tree that turns a beautiful red color, if it is allowed to ‘age’ naturally.
This is how nice it looked 2 years ago in October…. last year it froze and turned brown. boo.
- Daily Coupon Roundup (bxcheapskate.com)
- How To Cut Your Grocery Costs By 10% or more (debtconsolidationusa.com)
- How To Be Frugal (debtconsolidationusa.com)
- Jill Cataldo: Coupon users should play by the rules (goerie.com)
- Blogging Opportunity || Coupon Coup Giveaway 11/1-11/15 (niceteenichelle.wordpress.com)