I recently watched a man on television who had a vision of Judgment Day, the Return of Jesus to the Earth. He had a $40 package that people could purchase to learn what they needed to do to be ready for Christ’s return. I decided to search the Bible for myself and get some answers for free.
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
First, I want to share these scriptures that tell us that if we are in Christ we don’t need to fear.
Love is made perfect in us in order that we may have courage on the Day of Judgment.
–1 John 4:17
For God has not appointed us to incur His wrath –He did not select us to condemn us, but that we might obtain His salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah.
– 1 Thessalonians 5:9
Yes, my children, remain in union with Him, so that when He appears we may be full of courage and need not hide in shame from Him in the Day He returns.
1 John 2:28
These scriptures are to remind us that we do not need to fear the Day of Judgment if we are truly in Him.
Here are the things I found in the Bible to help us to prepare for Jesus’ return, using the Good News Translation.
- Love – May the Lord make your love grow…in this way He will strengthen you, and you will be perfect and holy in the presence of God when Jesus returns. – 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13. Love shows itself in Action. 1 John 3:18b
- Obey God’s commands – If we obey His word, we are the ones whose love for God has really been made perfect. If we say we are in union with God, we should live just as Jesus did.
- Don’t cause others to sin – The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him. – 1 John 2:10
- Do not love the world – Do not love the world or anything that belongs to the world. – 1 John 2:15
- Keep your heart right – Keep in your heart what you have heard from the beginning, so that you will always live in union with the Son and the Father. — 1 John 2:24 (GNT)
- Obey the Spirit – Obey the Spirit’s teaching then, and remain in union with Christ.– 1 John 2:27 GNT
- Believe – What He commands us is that we believe in His son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as Christ commanded us. – 1 John 3:23
- Declare – If we declare (speak, confess) that Jesus is the Son of God, we live in union with God and God lives in union with us. –1 John 4:15
- Have Faith – We win the victory over the world by means of our faith. –1 John 5:4b
- Pray for Jerusalem – Pray for the peace (shalom, wholeness) of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love her. – Psalm 122:6
I’m sure there are many other scriptures to help us be ready for Jesus’s return! I just wanted to share what I read this morning.
Have a great weekend!