There is one thing that God can’t do. LIE.
It is impossible for God to lie.
The Book of Hebrews, Chapter 6, verse 18 tells us “..that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
The two unchangeable things referred to are:
1. God’s oath to Abraham (Genesis 22:16-17 says “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son” and He blessed Abraham and His descendants forever.)
2. God’s covenant with Abraham (Hebrews 8:10 – this is the covenant made with the house of Israel: I will put My Laws in their mind and write them on their hearts, and I will be there God and they shall be My people.)
We have this hope as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the presence behind the veil, where Jesus has entered for us.
So because God has given us the promise of eternal life in Jesus we can be sure that His promise is true, if we continue in the faith, and are not moved away from the Hope of the Gospel.
- Genesis 17:23; 18:33 (readinggems.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “One thing that God CAN’T do…”
Plz help me.im 36 engeing in porn.I hate evil i don’t want to keep on crucifying my LORD JESUS
Remember, God loves you.
To get rid of something in our lives, we need to fill it with God…. listen to Christian music, watch Christian television, go to church, read the Bible. As we fill ourselves with the WORD, the World has less of an attraction for us. As our spirit is fed spirit-food, we find less desire to feed the flesh.
God LOVES you. His love is greater than our sin.
Forgive yourself. No matter how many times you may fall, forgive yourself, “put on the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Picture yourself clothed in the full armor of God:
1. The helmet of salvation on your head, guarding your mind against the attacks of the enemy.
2. The breastplate of righteousness — to protect your heart.
I’m praying for you.