Hi, Bailey here again, filling in for Mom. Mom has spent a lot of time today unsubscribing from various email lists. It’s a lot of work.
Mom has several email accounts: One in her maiden name, one in her married name, etc. She realized last week that she is on several emailing lists in several accounts, so she is getting not only spam, but multiple spam. How in the world did that happen?
So Mom has to go through every email, and click “please unsubscribe me”. It then takes her to a new page which usually asks:
WHY DO YOU WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE? (pick one)
- I get too much email from you
- I get too much email in general
- I don’t like the information given
- I’m not spending enough time with my dog, taking him on walks, etc
So after that choice is made, another screen comes up.
- Would you like the emails once a week instead?
- Would you like the emails once a month instead?
- Keep me on the list after all–I have no life and I can’t wait to read more emails
Okay, so the last one I exaggerated. But only a little.
Then after all that work, it says that she will be unsubscribed within 72 hours. That’s a lot of walks and treats that will be happening within 72 hours.
So all you email generators, I hope you will do what Mom asks and “Please Unsubscribe Me” so Mom can spend time doing more important things.