I ended yesterday’s post with a quote about candles. This morning I got an email with the same quote. So why not go down that road today?
I realized that taking every meme I wanted to post would use up a LOT of time and space, so I will just list the quotations that struck me.
The more serious ones:
- There are two ways of spreading light: be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
- All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.
- Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.
- The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord.
And a few amusing ones:
- I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn’t have one, so I bought a cake. –Mitch Hedberg
- Everybody is a candle, it’s true, but not everybody is lit.
- Another candle on your cake? Don’t worry, be happy you have the strength to blow them out.
Have a good day!